I truly am thankful for what I have :) Just know that I am content, and be happy for me :)
...
I was rather busy all week ensuring that little Sesame gets the attention she needs. (I still refer to Sesame as 'he' from time to time, don't know why. I just have a gut instinct about it haha.) She is still the scrawniest adult robo I have ever seen in my life. I never knew adult robos could be THIS tiny, even though they are the smallest hamster species in the world.
This little baby (yeah I know I said she is adult, but she is my baby nonetheless) seems to have some sort of eye infection that causes her right eye to tear uncontrollably. This makes her fur around her right eye look matted and from certain angles, she looks bald there. So, I have to bathe her with Marukan bath powder twice a day, or she goes around looking like someone took a bite out of her face.
This is her before her bath:

This is her after her bath:

I think her immune system is weaker than Sashimi's and Salami's, and she seems to have a poor digestive system too. She can't take fresh veggies because she will get the runs. So her main source of greens now is the hay from their food mix. Thankfully I am using the baby rabbit mix from Marukan. The hamster mix by Marukan would most probably kill her faster. (Oh, you don't want to start me on this topic, I think I can go on for days...believe me.)
I also make sure she has a healthy dosage of salmon and cheese jerky, which mercifully, she does seem to like quite a lot. I have also been giving the three of them shelled buckwheat, but I have not managed to catch her eating any.
Though she has gain some weight, I still think her face lacks the chubbiness of a hamster's. Poor squishy baby. I mean, compare what you saw above with this photo of Salami:

Sigh.
Anyway, I bought Christmas presents for my hams today haha. A packet of almonds and more treats :)
Here's signing off with some photos, I just realised how tired I am, and how late it is. (Been sleeping before 1am every night for the past three weeks hehe! Major achievement for yours truly, right Soph?)




- 18 December 2006 12:58am -
No comments:
Post a Comment